Is your HR department a center of excellence?
A highly effective HR department is a key structural component of any highly effective organization and as such should be treated as a center of excellence.
HR centers of excellence exhibit the following traits:
- The vision and purpose for HR is crystal clear.
- How HR serves the needs and goals of the organization. This is evident by active engagement of leadership in the design, implementation and governance of the HR department and HR policies.
- Across the organization, the right people are in the right jobs.
- There are low turnover rates and employees report high levels of job satisfaction.
- Employees report high levels of engagement.
- They feel like they are part of how their work environment is created. They are actively involved in the strategic plan and understand the vision of the organization. Innovation is often evident in each department and is rewarded. When failures happen they are used as learning tools and don’t relate in punitive actions.
- HR is seen as a collaborator.
- HR works within and with the organization’s leaders and managers to build consensus and develop collaboration. Policies that are put in force are a collaboration rather than top down directives. They have a focused approach to sharing HR related information with line management and help to foster a culture of collaboration on employee engagement.
- The HR structure is designed to be flexible.
- How the HR model is created is centered around the ability to adapt to change. In evidence are structures and processes that are created to allow for adaptability.
- HR drives the culture experience.
- The HR department promotes the idea of knowledge sharing portals, there is online recruitment tools and a real time focus on measurement of performance with real time feedback processes.
- Measure what needs to be measured.
- When analytics are developed they are focused on what drives the business forward. Predictive workforce projects address and predict business outcomes, not HR outcomes.
- A defined HR training budget.
- They direct the focus of training towards the needs of the organization and they have processes in place to ensure team members have the time and the initiative to attend training.
- HR is a key driver to outsourcing.
- HR understands what areas in HR should be outsourced and the ones that should be kept in house. They are able to effectively make recommendations as it relates to overall organizational ROI about the best services to keep and the ones that should be handled by outside orgs to obtain the benefits of scale without incurring the cost of needless overhead.
What we do
We have deep experience in leadership development, process management and strategic development. We start off with a gap analysis approach to understand the as is state, and compare this against the strategic goals and objectives of the organization to determine where to make adjustments.
Keys to execution is a monitoring and measurement system that is effective and appropriate for your organization. To make the execution effective there must also be a process in place to effect change when the need is identified.
We help identify the right level of analytics and make sure the right questions are being asked as to what should be measured. When the measurements are pointed in the right area and are not collecting data for the sake of collection, then real decisions can be made that result in aggressive movement in the direction the organization wants to go in.
We work with leadership to determine clearly what their vision of the company and culture is. We review the current as is state to determine if there are gaps. With this analysis complete a plan to make the HR department a center of excellence can be completed. We help with best practices approaches, leadership coaching, and team building to move from underperforming to outperforming.
Change and adaptability
We review the structure and determine where change is needed. We can help HR professionals enhance change management skills. Communication skills and process management skills.
Is your HR Benefits Payroll solution giving you the abilities you need to reach your goals?
We focus on how to deliver
- Learn and Build Agile Strategies
- Develop Strategic Orientation as an Organizational Competency
- Engage all Levels of the Organization
- Build Strategic Intelligence to drive Decision Making
- Identify and measure relevant metrics that drive the Business